AZ Desert Flower's Life,Thoughts & Updates

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Let's talk about "Fasching" - a German tradition


Me this morning - Ich heute frueh


Daniela, Joe and Friends - Fasching 2006
Good Morning on this hot sunny day in Phoenix - it will be 106 F here today but only 90 F in Sedona.... well today I want to talk about "Fasching" - a German tradition - please see above Daniela and Joe and two of their friends on this year's"Fasching" - Fasching is comparable to Halloween in the states or the Mardi Gras in New Orleans. It has been a tradition for a long long time in Germany and it takes place every year in February. People also call it the "fifth season". People dress up as something and we go out and dance, drink and just have fun - God I miss that.... well Daniela was kind enough to forward me some pictures of this year's Fasching in February of 2006 - I had other things on my plate this year in February and that is why I didn't really take too much interest in this years Faschings activities back home - and I haven't really been to any Faschings party now in four years but I still remember the past and how much fun it was - I grew up with Fasching and it will always be a part of me and one of them days I'll make it back again for Fasching to cold, snowy Germany in February and celebrate it together with my "old friends"- I'll remain positive...:-) Okay enough dreaming - gotta get ready for a new day - it is Thursday - so one more day and then I can sleep in again :-) Everyone have a great day, Silvia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home